Our first Game Day is scheduled for Wednesday, November 5th.
and we will be partnering with the Crooked Tree Arts Center with activities ALL day long! Many activities will highlight Native American Heritage month. Free and open to the public, students won’t want to sit home.
The day’s schedule includes:
- 9:00 a.m: arts activities at Crooked Tree Arts Center.
- 10:30 a.m.: snack time at the Arts Center- CTAC will provide a light snack and juice
- 10:30 a.m.: the Native American storytelling film ‘Tales of Wonder I & II’ will be presented in the Arts Center’s theatre
- 12:00 p.m.: lunch supervision will be provided as well as some structured play time.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: Make and play the Odawa version of the classic Cup and Ball Game, learn and play the games “Stick” and “Grab” with instructions shared by the Youth Services Department of Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.
- 2:30-6:00 p.m.: Kids (and parents) may drop-in and join in for “Schools-Out! Game Day.” The library’s collection of board games will be available and include: Mancala, Scrabble, Checkers, Chess, Cards (decks will be available for go fish, euchre, etc. – no gambling games!), Connect Four, Pictureka!, Cranium, Twister, Chess, Dominoes, Cranium Conga, Monopoly Deal, Scrabble Slam!, Trouble, Sorry! Harry Potter Clue, Awkward Family Photos, Best Day Ever, Labyrinth, Bookopoly, Dino-opoly, Apples to Apples Jr. Dungeon! Bananagrams, Spot it! and Hey! That’s My Fish. Children are welcome to bring their own games to share as well. The library’s PlayStation 2 (Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero; Metallica, AC-DC or World Tour, Cars, Sonic-Mega Collection and Micro Machines v4 and a few others are available). Participants may bring their own PS-2 games also.
Students and parents are welcome to come at any time throughout the day’s programming. Kids’ Day Off with Crooked Tree Arts Center and Petoskey District Library is free and open to the public, however donations are always welcome. For more information, visit Crooked Tree Arts Center’s website www.crookedtree.org or the Petoskey District Library website http://www.petoskeylibrary.org/.
The library will provide popcorn and punch or hot chocolate (depending upon the weather). Children may also bring their favorite soft drink in cans or plastic only. The event is free, but donations are happily accepted.
Tentative School’s Out! Game dates for the 2014/15 school year are: Friday 12/5, Friday 1/23/15, Friday, 2/13/15, Friday, 3/27/15 and Friday, 5/22.