The quickest and easiest way is to place a hold online. If you do not remember your login, or need assistance placing holds, you can reach us by email, online chat, or by phone during Library hours, 231-758-3100.
When and how long does it take before I can pick up my items?
- Curbside Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- You will receive notification that your item(s) is ready by either phone, email, or text. Please allow at least 24 hours for your requests to be processed.
Can we request items from other libraries? Are all Petoskey items available?
Yes, borrowing between our local libraries, and through many MeLCat libraries, has resumed. Other items available for curbside pickup include Library of Things items, tax forms, and print jobs. We can also send faxes, notarize documents, and make photocopies for you.
How do I pick up my requested items?
After you receive notification that your item is ready:
- Park in front of the main door at 500 E Mitchell Street and call us at 231-758-3100, or text “Here” to 231-769-2316.
- To observe social distancing and safety precautions, we suggest wearing a mask even though you are in your car. For your protection and ours, library staff will also be wearing masks.
- Please pop your trunk and we will place the items in your trunk. If that is not an option, we will place them in the backseat on the passenger side. All items will come with a checkout receipt.
- If you will pick up your items on foot, please call 5 minutes ahead and we will bag and label your items with your last name and place outside the front doors.
How do I return library items?
- All items may be dropped off in the drive-thru book return box in the alley behind the Library, or in any of our off-site book returns. Please do not attempt to return any items to library staff directly, as we will be observing social distancing measures and all items need to go through quarantine protocols. Please note that there will be at least a 4-day delay in clearing items from your library account. Book donations will be accepted by curbside appointment only.
What if I don’t have a library card?
- To determine if you’re eligible for a Petoskey District Library card click here. Ready to register? Fill out this form! Staff will contact you within 24-48 hours with information about your library card.
- Have a card, but can’t find it? You can pick up items without your card.
Are you disinfecting books and/or other items?
Items are emptied from our on-site book returns once a day, placed on carts, and quarantined for a recommended 4 days before being checked in and reshelved in the Library. We will follow the same process for incoming item requests.
How are you protecting library staff?
Staffing at the library has been reduced to minimum levels with limited staff on-site during operating hours. Staff are exercising proper social distancing protocols, practicing excellent hygiene, and wearing necessary personal protective equipment when handling items. The public is reminded to stay home when sick, practice good hygiene, including wearing a mask, and practicing social distancing when the building reopens to the public. The Library will provide sanitizing stations and disposable masks and gloves if needed.
When will the building reopen to the public? Are meeting rooms available?
The Library reopened to public on Monday, June 22. The large meeting room is available for reservations and walk-ins with a capacity of 4; the classroom has a capacity of 12. The Petoskey District Library Carnegie Building is open for group meetings and events starting September 1. Find more info here.