Attention book club members! We have kits for you to check out for your book clubs. As you are thinking about this year’s titles, you may want to consider our collection. Kits check out for 6 weeks and can be renewed if no one else is waiting. Choose from the following titles:
NEW February 2019:
– An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
– Code Girls: the Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II, by Liza Mundy
– Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
– The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan
– 1984, by George Orwell
– Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
– The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy
– A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
– The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
– Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
– Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
– The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Hguyen
– First Darling of the Morning, by Thrity Umrigar
– Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance
Included in all of our book club kits:
- Drawstring backpack
- 5 copies of the book
- Discussion guide with questions
- Brief author biography
- Check out sheet
Check out one of 4 different kits for a 3 week period. Each kit contains materials to help you start exploring new topics.
Read the guidelines.
Check out one of 6 Kindle eReader devices for a 3 week period. Each Kindle is loaded with dozens of titles, ranging from best-selling fiction, to interesting nonfiction reads, and more. Read the guidelines.
Patrons 18 and over with a current and valid PAC2 consortium library card can check out and use a laptop inside the library from the following service areas: Circulation, Youth Department, and Reference.
- Printing is available to our print release kiosk.
- Each laptop has a touchpad mouse, but USB mice are available as well.
- All current Computer / Internet use policies and guidelines apply.
- Patron must be 18 or over
- Must have a current and valid PAC2 consortium library card
- No checkout with guest passes
- In-house use only
At Petoskey District Library (PDL) you can check out more than just books! The library is pleased to announce the addition of six mobile Wi-Fi hotspots which can be checked out from the Reference Desk for a one week period. The portable hotspots allow patrons without internet to easily get online using any Wi-Fi enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop anywhere there is a cell connection. Currently, the library lends hotpots from Verizon and T-Mobile. To check out a Hotspot, visit the Reference Desk on the second floor anytime during regular business hours. Read the guidelines.
Make some noise at the Library! These little musical instruments are easy to learn, and known for their warm, unique sound. It’s an easy way to explore music for inexperienced and seasoned musicians alike. If you are at least 18 years old, and a current library card holder in good standing, we will loan you a soprano ukulele and tuner for one week. Visit the second floor Reference Desk for more information. Read the guidelines.