Book Club Kits
Attention book club members! We have kits for you to check out for your book clubs. As you are thinking about next year’s titles, you may want to consider our collection. Choose from the following titles:
– Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl.
– The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan
– 1984, by George Orwell
– Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
– The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy
– A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
– The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
– Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
– Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
– The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Hguyen
– First Darling of the Morning, by Thrity Umrigar
– Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance
– A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
Included in all of our book club kits:
- Drawstring backpack
- 5 copies of the book
- Discussion guide with questions
- Brief author biography
- Check out sheet
How does it work?
- Once your club has selected which book to read, one person checks out the kit from the second floor Reference Desk (six-week check out period). Kits may be renewed as long as no holds exist.
- The kit is brought to your discussion and the person who checked it out will sign out copies of each book to the club members.
- Club members would then bring the books to the discussion at the end of the six-week check out period and return them to the person who checked out the kit.
- The person who checked out the kit would verify that all books have been returned to the kit.
- The kit is then returned to the second floor Reference Desk.
If you have any questions regarding our book club kits, please feel free to call the Reference Desk at (231) 758-3114.
Check out one of 6 Kindle eReader devices for a 3 week period. Each Kindle is loaded with dozens of titles, ranging from best-selling fiction, to interesting nonfiction reads, and more. Read the guidelines.
Patrons 18 and over with a current and valid Petoskey District Library card can check out and use a laptop inside the library from the following service areas: Circulation, Youth Department, and Reference.
- Printing is available to our print release kiosk.
- Each laptop has a touchpad mouse, but USB mice are available as well.
- All current Computer / Internet use policies and guidelines apply.
- Patron must be 18 or over
- Must have a current and valid Petoskey District Library card
- No checkout with guest passes
- In-house use only
At Petoskey District Library (PDL) you can check out more than just books! The library is pleased to announce the addition of six mobile Wi-Fi hotspots which can be checked out from the Reference Desk for a one week period by PDL cardholders aged 18 and up. The portable hotspots allow patrons without internet to easily get online using any Wi-Fi enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop anywhere there is a cell connection. Currently, the library lends hotpots from Verizon and T-Mobile. To check out a Hotspot, visit the Reference Desk on the second floor anytime during regular business hours.