Did you know that your library card can be your best travel companion? Discover hundreds of Michigan’s cultural destinations and natural attractions with your Michigan library card! You can “check out” FREE or discounted admission passes (or other exclusive offers) to hundreds of Michigan state parks, campgrounds, museums, trails, arts & cultural destinations, seven National Park Service venues, and more. The Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) is the product of a partnership between hundreds of public library buildings and over 400 destinations and is available to library card holders throughout the state. Card holders can reserve and print a pass, either from home or at the library, using their library card number. The printed pass is good for one use and is valid for one week. Offers for local attractions include Petoskey State Park, Harbor Springs Historical Museum, Oden State Fish Hatchery, Castle Farms, and Mackinac Island ferries, to name a few. Some tout free admission, others free offers or discounted tickets.
Book Club Kits
Attention book club members! We have kits for you to check out for your book clubs. As you are thinking about this year’s titles, you may want to consider our collection. Kits check out for 6 weeks and can be renewed if no one else is waiting. Each kit contains multiple copies of the book, an author bio, and discussion questions. Choose from the following titles:
– A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
– The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy
– Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
– The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
– The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Hguyen
– Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
– An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
– The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan
– Code Girls: the Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II, by Liza Mundy
– 1984, by George Orwell
– Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
– Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
– First Darling of the Morning, by Thrity Umrigar
– Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance
Corn Hole Game
Take home a corn hole game for a week of fun! 1 game includes: (2 collapsible boards, 8 pegs, 8 bean bags (4 red, 4 blue), 4 scoreboard feet). For PDL cardholders 18 years and up.
Check out one of 4 different kits for a 3 week period. Each kit contains materials to help you start exploring new topics.
Check out one of 6 Kindle eReader devices for a 3 week period. Each Kindle is loaded with dozens of titles, ranging from best-selling fiction, to interesting nonfiction reads, and more.
Garrett Ace 200 metal detector with headphones and user manual. Features include a digital target ID (0-99 scales), target ID cursor, 4 sensitivity settings, low battery indicator (use 4 AA batteries) and user-friendly button controls.
Patrons 18 and over with a current and valid PAC2 consortium library card can check out and use a laptop inside the library from the Young Adult Desk
- Printing is available to our print release kiosk.
- Each laptop has a touchpad mouse, but USB mice are available as well.
- All current Computer / Internet use policies and guidelines apply.
- Patron must be 18 or over
- Must have a current and valid PAC2 consortium library card
- No checkout with guest passes
- In-house use only
At Petoskey District Library (PDL) you can check out more than just books! The library is pleased to announce the addition of six mobile Wi-Fi hotspots which can be checked out from the Reference Desk for a one week period. The portable hotspots allow patrons without internet to easily get online using any Wi-Fi enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop anywhere there is a cell connection. Currently, the library lends hotpots from Verizon and T-Mobile. To check out a Hotspot, visit the Reference Desk on the second floor anytime during regular business hours.
Make some noise at the Library! These little musical instruments are easy to learn, and known for their warm, unique sound. It’s an easy way to explore music for inexperienced and seasoned musicians alike. If you are at least 18 years old, and a current library card holder in good standing, we will loan you a soprano ukulele and tuner for one week. Visit the second floor Reference Desk for more information.