Attention book club members! As you are thinking about your next titles, you may want to consider checking out one of our book club kits. Choose from the following titles:
– A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
– The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy
– Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl.
– The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
– The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Hguyen
– Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
– The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan
– 1984, by George Orwell
– Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
– Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
– First Darling of the Morning, by Thrity Umrigar
– Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance —NEW
Visit here for descriptions of each of our book club kit titles.
– A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
Included in all of our book club kits:
- Drawstring backpack
- 5 copies of the book
- Discussion guide with questions
- Brief author biography
- Check out sheet
How does it work?
- Once your club has selected which book to read, one person checks out the kit from the second floor Reference Desk (six-week check out period). Kits may be renewed as long as no holds exist.
- The kit is brought to your discussion and the person who checked it out will sign out copies of each book to the club members.
- Club members would then bring the books to the discussion at the end of the six-week check out period and return them to the person who checked out the kit.
- The person who checked out the kit would verify that all books have been returned to the kit.
- The kit is then returned to the second floor Reference Desk.
If you have any questions regarding our book club kits, please feel free to call the Reference Desk at (231) 758-3114.