Attention book club members! We have kits for you to check out for your book clubs. As you are thinking about next year’s titles, you may want to consider our collection. Choose from the following titles:
– Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl.
– The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan
– 1984, by George Orwell
– Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
– The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy
– A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
– The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
– Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
– Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
– The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Hguyen
– First Darling of the Morning, by Thrity Umrigar
Visit here for descriptions of each of our book club kit titles.
– Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance
– A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
Included in all of our book club kits:
- Drawstring backpack
- 5 copies of the book
- Discussion guide with questions
- Brief author biography
- Check out sheet
How does it work?
- Once your club has selected which book to read, one person checks out the kit from the second floor Reference Desk (six-week check out period). Kits may be renewed as long as no holds exist.
- The kit is brought to your discussion and the person who checked it out will sign out copies of each book to the club members.
- Club members would then bring the books to the discussion at the end of the six-week check out period and return them to the person who checked out the kit.
- The person who checked out the kit would verify that all books have been returned to the kit.
- The kit is then returned to the second floor Reference Desk.
If you have any questions regarding our book club kits, please feel free to call the Reference Desk at (231) 758-3114.