The quickest and easiest way is to place a hold online. If you do not remember your login, or need assistance placing holds, you can reach us by email, online chat, or by phone during Library hours, 231.758.3100, press 2.
When and how long does it take before I can pick up my items?
- Curbside Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- You will receive notification that your item(s) is ready by either phone, email, or text. Please allow at least 24 hours for your requests to be processed.
Can we request items from other libraries? Are all Petoskey items available?
Yes, borrowing between our local libraries, and through many MeLCat libraries, has resumed. Other items available for curbside pickup include Library of Things items, tax forms, and print jobs. We can also send faxes, notarize documents, and make photocopies for you.
How do I pick up my requested items?
After you receive notification that your item is ready:
- Park in front of the main door at 500 E Mitchell Street and call us at 231.758.3100, press 1.
- To observe social distancing and safety precautions, we suggest wearing a mask even though you are in your car. For your protection and ours, library staff will also be wearing masks.
- If you will pick up your items on foot, please call 5 minutes ahead and we will bag and label your items with your last name and place outside the front doors.
How do I return library items?
- All items may be dropped off in the drive-thru book return box in the alley behind the Library, or in any of our off-site book returns.
What if I don’t have a library card?
- To determine if you’re eligible for a Petoskey District Library card click here. Ready to register? Fill out this form! Staff will contact you within 24-48 hours with information about your library card.
- Have a card, but can’t find it? You can pick up items without your card.