Each time you contribute information such as ratings, tags, comments or reviews, you receive community credits. Community credits are a way you can keep track of your contributions to the library’s catalog, and to the wider community of library users.
The simplest way to start earning community credits is to add titles to your shelves: each star rating, tag or other comment that you add earns one credit. When you create a list of at least five titles, you earn 5 credits.
To view your community credits
1. Log in to your account.
2. On the menu, click My Settings.
3. On the My Settings page, under the Profile heading, find your Community Credits setting.
4. Click View.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to Petoskey District Library patrons aged 18 and older, with valid card in good standing (not barred, blocked, or expired). Employees of Petoskey District Library, Petoskey District Library Board Members, and immediate family members of Employees and Board Members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
2. Contest Period: This contest opens on June 1, 2017 and has been extended to end June 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., or when all prizes have been awarded.
3. How to Enter: Participants will use their account through the Library’s online catalog (petoskey.bibliocommons.com) to earn community credits. Community credits are achieved by adding content to enhance and improve searching within the online catalog, such as assigning tags, contributing ratings, creating lists, and writing reviews. One credit is received for every comment, rating, quote, etc. and 5 points for every list that has at least 5 items.
4. Prizes: 50 credits (10) $10 Friends of the Petoskey Library Book Sale coupon; 100 credits (5) 2 movie tickets to a local cinema; 250 credits (5) $25 McLean & Eakin Gift Certificate; 350 credits (5) eReader tablet; 500 credits (5) Overnight stay at Petoskey’s Perry Hotel (October-May).
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Participant will contact the library when a credit milestone is reached. After verification of credits, participant may choose 1 milestone prize. Prizes are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Ready to claim your prize? Contact Jodi at 231.758.3121 to verify your credits!